Licensing AHFS Drug Information Databases
Integrate AHFS into your clinical decision support systems
For over four decades pharmacists, physicians and other clinicians have turned to AHFS for the definitive word on drugs, interactions, dosages, toxicity and cautions. The AHFS database now can be licensed by healthcare information system developers in formats and with content areas specific to organizational requirements.
Unbiased analysis and meticulous detail set AHFS data apart from other drug information data providers. AHFS drug information is evidence-based, peer reviewed, and compiled and evaluated by ASHP, a professional pharmacy association without the influence of manufacturers, insurer, regulators, or other interested parties. No other leading drug information resource can make this claim.
- Over 1,200 monographs on over 50,000 products
- 70,000 references linked to more than 500,000 content elements
- 45,000 references with hyperlinks to PubMed citations in the National Library of Medicine’s database for access to full-text articles
- Includes regular updates incorporating official therapeutic guidelines from dozens of sources
- Newly approved drugs, indications, and guidelines added to the database daily
- Seamless integration into existing clinical support systems
The hierarchical and granular structure of the AHFS drug information reference data allows for content customization to meet your business needs. Click on the title below to view specific information for each area of the database.
AHFS Drug Information - The comprehensive reference referred to by pharmacists for a level of detail found in no other resource
AHFS Drug Information Essentials -
Adapted for point-of-care access and ideal for nurses, doctors, pharmacists and technicians on the frontlines of healthcare
AHFS Pharmacologic-Therapeutic Classification -
30 primary classifications, 183 secondary classifications, 252 tertiary classifications, and 88 quaternary classifications represented by coding and a text description
Handbook on Injectable Drugs (HID) -
More than 370 monographs focusing on the compatibility and stability of drugs in various IV solutions
AHFS Consumer Medication Information -
Patient drug information for nearly 45,000 products delivered as 1040 generic monographs, including the top 200 most prescribed medications
For more information on how AHFS databases can be integrated into your system, please contact us.
AHFS Drug Information is:
- Designated an official compendium by the U.S. Congress for reimbursement determinations on unlabeled uses
- Officially adopted by the U.S. Public Health Service and Department of Veterans Affairs
- Formally recognized by the U.S. Congress and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Recommended by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy
- Recognized as the de facto standard for prescription drug plans to use in developing formularies by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)