AHFS Drug Information
With the 2013 edition, the American Hospital Formulary Service® (AHFS™) marks over 50 years of continuous publication by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Each year, an average of over 60% of AHFS content is revised to help you provide the most accurate recommendations for your patients’ drug therapy.
AHFS references are evidence-based and peer-reviewed, compiled without the influence of manufacturers, insurers, regulators, or other interested parties. No other drug information sources can make this claim.
AHFS DI has been designated as an official compendium by the US Congress.
AHFS DI contains information from medical literature and expert advice from over 500 medical scientists, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and other professionally qualified individuals that goes beyond FDA-approved labeling.
- Information on prescription, OTC, ophthalmic, and dermatologic drugs, plus vitamins and immunizing agents
- Extensive off-label uses and dosing options
- Expanded and revised content, with many new monographs
- Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research
- Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics
- Preparations, Chemistry and Stability
- Interactions, Adverse Reactions, Cautions, and Toxicity…among many more!
Monographs include: drug interactions; adverse reactions; cautions and toxicity; therapeutic perspective; specific dosage and administration information; preparations, chemistry, and stability; pharmacology and pharmacokinetics; contraindications; and more.
All 2013 subscribers have electronic access to the latest updates and research-driven monographs to ensure they will have the most up-to-date drug information that is available. To confirm we have your current email address, call customer service at 866-279-0681, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.