The July update to the AHFS Patient Medication Information (PMI) database has been published. Highlights of the update include:
New PMI Monographs
- Naldemedine (Symproic®)
- Naldemedine is used to treat constipation caused by opioid (narcotic) pain medications in adults with chronic (ongoing) pain that is not caused by cancer.
- Ammonium Lactate Topical (Lac-Hydrin®)
- Ammonium lactate is used to treat xerosis (dry or scaly skin) and ichthyosis vulgaris (an inherited dry skin condition) in adults and children.
- Telotristat (Xermelo®)
- Telotristat is used in combination with another medication (a samotostatin analog [SSA] such as lanreotide, octreotide, pasinreotide) to control diarrhea caused by carcinoid tumors (slow-growing tumors that release natural substances that can cause symptoms like diarrhea) in patients with diarrhea not controlled by a somatostatin analog alone.
- Durvalumab Injection (Imfinzi®)
- Durvalumab injection is used to treat urothelial cancer (cancer of the lining of the bladder and other parts of the urinary tract) that spread to nearby tissues or other parts of the body that cannot be removed by surgery and has worsened during or after being treated with other chemotherapy medications.
FDA MedWatch Alert Revisions