The July update to the AHFS Patient Medication Information (PMI) database has been published. Highlights of the update include:
New PMI Monographs:
- Uridine Triacetate (Vistogard®)
- Uridine triacetate is used for the emergency treatment of children and adults who have either received too much of chemotherapy medications such as fluorouracil or capecitabine (Xeloda®) or who develop certain severe or life-threatening toxicities within 4 days of receiving fluorouracil or capecitabine.
- Midodrine (Orvaten®, Proamatine®, also available generically)
- Midodrine is used to treat orthostatic hypotension (sudden fall in blood pressure that occurs when a person assumes a standing position).
- Selexipag (Uptravi®)
- Selexipag is used in adults to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH; high blood pressure in the vessels that carry blood to the lungs) to slow down the worsening of symptoms and reduce the chance of being hospitalized for PAH.
- Pimavanserin (Nuplazid®)
- Pimavanserin is used to treat hallucinations and delusions in people with psychosis from Parkinson’s disease (PD; a disorder of the nervous system that causes difficulties with movement, muscle control, and balance).
FDA MedWatch Alerts – Monograph Revisions
- No MedWatch Alerts this month