The July update to the AHFS Drug Information/Essentials database has been published. Highlights from this month’s update include:
New Full-Length Monographs
- Bezlotoxumab (Zinplava®) – 80:04 (Antitoxins and Immune Globulins)
- Indicated to reduce recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in patients 18 years of age or older who are receiving antibacterial drug treatment of CDI and are at a high risk for CDI recurrence.
New First-Release Monographs
- Sarilumab (Kevzara®) – 92:36 (Disease-modifying Antirheumatic Drugs)
- Indicated for treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to one or more disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs.
- Becaplermin (Regranex®) – 84:16 (Cell Stimulants and Proliferants)
- Indicated for treatment of lower extremity diabetic neuropathic ulcers that extend into the subcutaneous tissue or beyond and have an adequate blood supply.
- Prasterone (Intrarosa®) – 68:04 (Adrenals)
- Indicated for treatment of moderate to severe dyspareunia, a symptom of vulvar and vaginal atrophy, due to menopause.
FDA MedWatch Alerts