With extensive updated information on everything from treatment of hypertension to hepatitis C, AHFS Drug Information®, 2017 Edition is a necessary addition to your pharmacy’s resources.
With content supported by more than 89,000 total references and reviewed by over 500 professionals, AHFS DI® helps you protect your patients and your practice. The only print compendium designated by the U.S. Congress, AHFS DI® 2017 is also the only reference published by a professional and scientific society—ensuring it is the most authoritative and best-selling reference trusted by pharmacists for 59 years.
AHFSI DI® contains the most trustworthy drug information available–all in one place. It is the most comprehensive evidence-based source of drug information complete with therapeutic guidelines and off-label uses.Order today
Updates for this edition include:
- Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year.
- Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for advanced cardiovascular life support in adult and pediatric patients and treatment of heart failure in adults.
- Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA’s accelerated approval program.
- Dedicated coverage to orphan products.
- Interactions, adverse reactions, cautions, and more, including important safety alerts on opiates.
- Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research.
- Extensive dosage and administration information.
- Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- Prescription, OTC, ophthalmic and dermatologic drugs
- Extensive off-label uses and related dosing options
- Vaccines and other immunizing agents
AHFS DI is the only printed compendium designated by the U.S. Congress as a source for reimbursement of off-label uses. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and numerous healthcare insurance providers recognize it as a definitive reference on the medically accepted uses of drugs. Unlike most compendia, recognition of the authority of AHFS DI in establishing medically accepted drug uses extends far beyond cancer drugs to include the full spectrum of drug therapy. Both the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and the American College of Physicians have listed AHFS DI as a recommended item for inclusion in reference libraries.
Drug monographs in AHFS DI are thoroughly researched by drug information pharmacists and professional editorial and analytical staff. Authors incorporate clinical research findings, guidelines, and FDA-approved labeling into the monographs. The information also reflects the expertise of leading medical scientists, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and other clinicians, and incorporates the latest therapeutic recommendations from groups like the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Heart Association, and many others.
AHFS DI remains the compendium that offers insight into the evidence behind the answers. Approximately 1400 monographs cover information on indications, dosage and administration, contraindications, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacology and pharmacokinetics, chemistry and stability, and more.
Updated monthly and available in XML.
Contact us for a quote and more information.