Protect your patients and practice with the most comprehensive, authoritative drug information available: AHFS Drug Information®, 2018 Edition.
AHFS is the only drug information resource curated by a not-for-profit scientific organization and the only remaining original federal compendium whose authority for establishing accepted medical uses includes the broadest scope of drugs and indications under Medicaid, Medicare Part D, and more. The 2018 edition is backed by 60 years of in-depth, unbiased drug coverage—delivering authoritative data for compendia, citations, compliance and more.
Information on prescription, OTC, ophthalmic, and dermatologic drugs is evidence-based, reviewed by subject matter experts, and supported by nearly 90,000 references. Every year’s edition is updated with an expanded number of monographs, which can be found on the For Subscribers section with the password found in the preface of each new edition. AHFS Drug Information, 2018 Edition® includes therapeutic recommendations supported by primary research, extensive dosage and administration information, extensive off-label uses and related dosing options.
Updates for this edition include:
- Expanded and revised content throughout, featuring critical new monograph updates every year.
- Important updated monographs and references related to revised therapeutic guidelines, including revised recommendations for treatment of fungal infections (such as Candida auris infections) and chronic hepatitis C.
- Newly published information on breakthrough oncology drugs approved as part of the FDA’s accelerated approval program.
- Dedicated coverage to orphan products.
- Interactions, adverse reactions, and cautions, including ongoing revisions addressing opiate safety issues and their role in pain management.
- Therapeutic recommendations supported by evidence from primary research.
- Extensive dosage and administration information.
- Pharmacology and pharmacokinetics.
- Prescription, OTC, ophthalmic, and dermatologic drugs.
- Extensive off-label uses and related dosing options.
- Vaccines and other immunizing agents.
Drug monographs in AHFS DI are thoroughly researched by drug information pharmacists and professional editorial and analytical staff. Authors incorporate clinical research findings, guidelines, and FDA-approved labeling into the monographs. The information also reflects the expertise of leading medical scientists, physicians, pharmacists, pharmacologists, and other clinicians, and incorporates the latest therapeutic recommendations from groups like the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Heart Association, and many others.
AHFS DI remains the compendium that offers insight into the evidence behind the answers. Approximately 1400 monographs cover information on indications, dosage and administration, contraindications, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacology and pharmacokinetics, chemistry and stability, and more.
Updated monthly and available in XML.
Contact us for a quote and more information.